The next Careers Cafe is on February 2nd @6pm
and the topic is…
“Social Media for Career Success”
Come along if you’re stuck, stopped, fed up, dreading Mondays and are genuinely in a pickle working out what you should be getting paid for and how to go about it, if you’re a:
- Work returners, changers and shifters
- Solopreneurs wishing to start their own business
- People no longer wishing to just settle in their career
- Professionals in search for a complete career change
- Creative and multi-passionate people wishing to get focused
- New solo business owners struggling to differentiate themselves
You’re very welcome.
No, we won’t be playing ‘Angry Birds’ or Farmville.
We’ll utilise the time and explore why using Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter are crucial for the new world of work.
- Over 80% of companies now use social media in their recruiting, and another 9% plan to start this year, and usage has increased over 12% over the past two years
- Nearly two-thirds of recruiters have successfully hired talent using social networks, up 5% from the year prior
- As expected, LinkedIn is by far the most used social site for recruiting. Facebook is a distant second
- 55% of companies are actively increasing their investment in social media recruiting
- More than 2 million companies have LinkedIn Company Pages
- Recruiters admit that the best outside talent comes from referrals, not social networks
In the past two years employers, recruiters, companies have finally accepted that social media is here to stay (well, most of them!)
Does it not make sense to hang out where they all ready are?
Social media is full of excellent tools (linkedin, facebook, twitter) but like all tools, they have to be used in the right way.
Come along to the cafe and let’s explore how you can make social media an integral part of your search, change, shift.
Can’t make it? Sign up for updates and news below and keep informed of the next dates.