Come to a Careers Cafe, and let us help you on the path to finding a career that’s right for you.
The next career cafe is:
June 28th 6.30 – 9.30
Mercure Hotel (formerly the Mount Royal)
Princes Street, Edinburgh
What is it?
The Careers Cafe is an informal, fun, engaging and highly supportive event.
When is it?
Once a month held in Edinburgh city centre (various venues)
Who is it for?
- Work returners, changers and shifters
- Solopreneurs wishing to start their own business
- Individuals looking for practical and ‘how-to’ help
- People no longer wishing to just settle in their career
- Professionals in search for a complete career change
- Creative and multi-passionate people wishing to get focused
- New solo business owners struggling to differentiate themselves
Think of it as a chance to connect, share, get informed, get focused and get moving.
It’s energising, incredibly friendly, results orientated and you’ll be able to ask any questions you like to get your career in gear: CV’s, branding, job searching tips and advice, interviews, marketing yourself, to name but a few.
Yes, you will learn a new skills, pick up plenty ideas and tips via an informal ‘session that we arrange’, but the majority of the time is to network, meet, brainstorm and solve problems, or more accurately get answers surrounding your career.
When you enter the Careers Café, you’ll be asked to share your challenge, goal, ‘problem’, what you need assistance with.
You’ll meet other career café go-ers and spend time networking and brainstorming, the idea is to think out the box and think big. Yes, we’ll lead the first session, mainly to get people relaxed and included.
The feeling of the Careers Café is fun. You’ll not be asked to do anything that makes you uncomfortable, you’ll be encouraged, get support and give it. See, you’ll come with plenty ideas and advice for others, you’ll leave inspired, encouraged and have made new connections.
At the end of the session you’ll be asked just a couple of questions:
- What are you taking away?
- What can you implement tomorrow?
You’ll then have the opportunity to mix and mingle even more.